Provide overall maintenance of the community grounds and its facilities in order to meet resident
expectations and ensure ongoing operations. Uphold high standards, with unyielding dedication and
integrity in order to promote positive relationships with our residents, investors, employees and
vendors. Provide caring involvement and good citizenship resulting in shared values/objectives and trust
and respect. Persevere in accomplishing tasks or objectives; have a sense of urgency about getting
results and be able to work flexible non-traditional hours.
- Maintain community guidelines including patch and repair common roads and resident driveways; paint
curbs and speed bumps as needed and report violations to the Community Manager.
- Read meters for water/electricity/gas utilities.
- Conduct ‘safety’ check of community to ensure that buildings are unoccupied and locked, trash is
contained and lighting is functioning.
- Conduct home inspections as new homes are moved into the Community and assist Community Manager to
reconfigure and grade the home site as necessary.
- Ensure community is presentable, inviting, and adheres to Inspire Communities curb appeal standards
- Ensure common area lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat for weeds, weed whip, rake
plant flowers/shrubs, trim shrubs and hedges, and performs other lawn care services as necessary.
- Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and streets.
- Empty common area trash containers as needed.
- Complete minor repairs to rental homes and facilities as needed.
- Clean building facilities such as clubhouse, community offices, restrooms, laundry areas, and
- Maintain vacant sites, including strap-downs and removal of trash and debris.
- Complete checklists of physical condition of community or sites prior to and after resident
- Assist manager with supervision of service contractors.
- Inspect playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other recreational amenities to ensure
operation, where applicable.
- Remove snow from community streets, parking lots, building entrances and other areas, where
- Perform water testing and other maintenance duties related to a well-water system, sewer system, or
on-site water meters, if applicable. May include reading, repairing, and installing water meters.
- Maintain community pool(s), tests chemical levels, and adjusts appropriately, where applicable.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties, including safely operating vehicles when moving
site to site and picking up supplies.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
As a Maintenance Technician, you must be hard-working, reliable and focused on providing exceptional
customer service. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work
- >Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
- Availability to respond to community needs during non-business hours (may be required to be on-call)
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
- General knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment and commercial machinery
- Basic computer proficiency, particularly with email and internet
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- The individual in the position must have a current, valid driver’s license from the State where the
community is located before driving a company-owned vehicle or before driving his/her own vehicle on
- General Maintenance Ability to perform and multi-task general maintenance duties with minimum
- Experience in plumbing, painting, landscaping/grounds keeping, maintaining equipment/vehicles and
pool/spa maintenance are all an asset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the individual
to spend the majority of time outdoors, which can mean exposure to extreme heat/cold and inclement weather.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use
hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear. The employee must regularly
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
At Inspire Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be inspired,
challenged, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big
of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with
interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of
learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid
off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Medical/Rx, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your eligible family members
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching contribution
- Team Member Perks & Benefits Program with hundreds of discounts on things like mobile phone
service, travel, retail, and more
- Paid Time Off including nine holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty